Monday 26 March 2012

Vintage Boutiques!

I love fashion.....well my own sense of fashion! I love hitting second hand stores, vintage boutiques and garage sales. I love the feeling of hunting for something and being so excited when I find something that is awesome! When I was a stay-at-home mom, I would hit these places on a weekly basis. I would pack up the kids, and off we'd go on our adventures. I'd often come home with super cool clothes, nick nacks or even furniture! Not so sure how much Matt loved this! I would browse through racks and piles of items searching for something that was different or unique. I would get all excited when I found something and then of course, the kids would be excited too!
I don't have as much time as I used to, but I still love doing this! This past weekend, we all went out to hit a few second hand stores. I was searching and exploring as was everyone else. I think it's so neat that my kids enjoy doing this as much as I do. Well, not too sure if they like it as much as me, but they seem to enjoy it. I found a few unique pieces that I'm really looking forward to wearing. I love that the chances of someone having the same thing as me, is very unlikely and I like wearing something that's just a little bit different! I think it's amazing that I can buy things at such an affordable price, that I love!
I remember a few years ago, Matt and I spent a night in Vancouver. Spending time in Vancouver is definitely one of my favourite activities. Anyways, whenever we go into the city, we always pop into the stores that we don't usually get to go into. There are so many fun and neat stores, that it can take us almost the whole day to explore. We went into one of the stores, and as usual, I was trying to find a bargain. I'm a big lover of jeans, so I automatically went to that section. Bear in mind, this was not a second hand store. I found a few that I really liked, and was thinking of possibly buying a pair or two, that is, until I looked at the price tags! They ranged in price form anywhere between $500 and $800.00. I was shocked! I always thought that $100.00 was a lot of money for jeans! Seeing that made me very happy that I enjoy thrifting....I think it made Matt happy, too! I think for now, I'll stick with my second hand stores, vintage boutiques and garage sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment