Saturday 24 March 2012

Bouquet of Roses

What a beautiful day! Spring has definitely arrived and I am loving it! I started the day by working a few hours of overtime....it was really hard getting up soooo early on a Saturday, but the OT went well! I was home by 11:15 in the morning, and we had the rest of the day to enjoy! Matt came home around noon, and in his hand, was a beautiful bouquet of roses. I've had a bit of a rough week, and he went out of his way to cheer me up and to show that he cares! It was so sweet and I love how he thinks of me! After feeding the kids lunch,  Matt washed the van and took the kids for a bike ride. While he was doing that, I was fortunate enough to grab a half hour nap. I really needed it! Once I woke up, I did a quick clean of the house, and off we went! We decided to take the kids out for dinner as they had all received excellent report cards a couple of weeks ago. After that, we went up to Cultus Lake. It was gorgeous up there. The water was so still and it was so quiet. The kids skipped rocks and played on the dock. It was a wonderful way to spend a Spring evening. We were driving home around 8:15 when Matt said to me, "wow, we're sure pulling a late one". I had to laugh! I guess we're starting to show our age lol! We're usually in our pjs chilling around the house at that time of the night!









I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of Spring break for the kids. I have enjoyed not having to make school lunches and not getting the kids off to school in the morning. We have one more day to enjoy, before reality starts again. I think we'll make the most of it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment