Thursday 22 March 2012

Style....or lack of it!

My kids and I have many conversations that revolve around clothes! They seem to think that I have no style and I don't know what's 'cool'. It makes me laugh! I think I have a great sense of style as I walk around in my flared jeans, big comfy sweaters and my hair pulled back into a pony tail. Apparently, I'm supposed to wear skinny jeans and leggings and have my hair 'done'. My kids are constantly saying that I dress like a hippie. A few months ago, I thought that I would entertain the idea of buying a pair of skinny jeans. I went to the store with every intention of buying a pair. I pulled them off the rack and went into the dressing room. I was all prepared to put them on and fall in love. I pictured images of women parading around in their skinny jeans looking beautiful. So there I was, in the change room, with the skinny jeans on. I prepped myself before looking in the mirror. I took one look, and gasped! Oh my goodness!!! These are definitely NOT for me! I came out and told my daughter that there was not a chance that I was going to buy these! They're just going to have to be content with me in my flares!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your style, Jaime!! I also love skinny jeans and leggings, lol. But to each their own! Your style suits you so well and you always look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! I do like skinny jeans and leggings, just not on me!!!! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete