Wednesday 7 March 2012

And so it begins...

We're now home from the Baptism, dinner is done, dishes cleaned, school lunches prepared and clothes all ready for the morning.I have to say this weekend was great, although it went by way too fast! I enjoyed spending time indoors listening to the rain pour down and the wind howl. I enjoyed watching movies with my family and spending time with cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews today.
I am all prepared for the upcoming week! I always struggle Sunday nights, though. I know that the reality is that I'll be setting my alarm and waking up at the crack of dawn. I know that I'll be rushing around in the morning ensuring that all of the kids have had their breakfast and brushed their teeth! I'll be signing planners and double checking that they have put their lunches into their bags all the while trying to get ready myself. I'll be kissing them bye and wishing them a good day at school as I go off to work. I often wonder if I'm the only mom who leaves each Monday morning, dreaming of a world where they could stay home with their kids? I wonder if it's one of the secrets of a working mom?
Time to get the kids in their pj's and ready to settle for the night. I'm planning on getting a nice bubble bath and maybe a glass of wine to relax before Monday morning. And so it begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment