Tuesday 1 May 2012

Lovely Things!

It's Tuesday and I'm tired. The kids have been sick, our schedule has been crazy and work has been really busy. Looking beyond all of that, I decided to write a little post about lovely things that I enjoy! It's in no particular order, and there are lots of things that I haven't included, but here are some of the things that  make me smile!

1) Coffee-I LOVE coffee! I wake up to it every morning and without it, I would be lost! I love the smell of it brewing and love the taste of it first thing in the morning. Well, truthfully, I love the taste of it all day long. It's probably really unhealthy, but I basically live off of this stuff!

2) Flowers-I love flowers! I love when they start to bloom in the spring. I love how they smell and how pretty they look. I love flowers so much, I have a tattoo of flowers on my back!

3) Sunny days- Nothing beats waking up to a beautiful sun shiny day! I love the feeling of the warm sun on my face and I love sitting on my deck enjoying it!

4) Books- Reading has always been a favourite past time of mine. Lately, I haven't had the chance to read as much as I would like to. When I read, I get totally engrossed in it, and usually can't put it down until it's done. I think I am going to make more of an effort in the next few weeks to pick up a good novel and get lost in the story!

5) Wine- I truly enjoy sitting sometimes in the evening with Matt and having a glass of wine. In the summer time, we'll sit outside on our deck in the warm evenings. I'll have a glass of wine and Matt will have a beer. We'll sit there and play cards or just enjoy talking as we look at the stars. I think those are some my most favourite nights!

6) Music- I absolutely love listening to music! I usually have a favourite song of the moment that I will play over and over again until everyone is sick of it, except me! I blare the music in the car and make all of the kids belt out the tune with me. At home, I'll play music and dance around the living room begging my kids to dance with me! Most times, they give in and we have so much fun!

7) Reality T.V- Some people may think I'm crazy, but I love watching reality shows. I like watching other people and how they live and how they act. Sometimes I'm appalled at people's behaviour but I like that I can just sit back, watch and enjoy. I don't have to think about anything. It's just mindless television!

8) Shoes- I have an insane obsession with shoes! If I had a million dollars, that is one thing that I would definitely spend my money on! I have closets full of shoes. Many of them I no longer wear, but can't bear to part with. I love looking for unique, funky shoes that no one else really has. Matt always laughs at me because I always tell him that you can tell so much about a person just by the shoes that they're wearing.

9) Smiling- I love smiling and I love smiling, happy people. Yes, life can be hard and busy and chaotic and overwhelming and all of those things that make life hard. In the big scheme of things though, I think most of us have it pretty good! Try and put a smile on your face and it's amazing how many people will return the smile to you!

10) Volkswagens- VW's are my most favourite vehicle of all time!!! I was lucky enough to be a proud owner of a 1977 VW bus as well as a 1966 VW bus! I wish that I still had them!!! One day, I will have another one! Matt and I keep saying that when we win the lottery, we're getting one! I guess we just have to wait for the winning numbers!




That's just a few of the things I love and that make me happy! Overall, I try and make the best out of every situation! I love having fun with my family, friends, coworkers, kids. I love going out dancing, going for dinner, coffee or just for a walk. I love turning the mundane everyday routine into something fun and different.  I wonder what kind of list other people would have?

No comments:

Post a Comment