Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Damage Control

Bad things happen in three's right? I hope so, because I don't know how much more can go wrong! I guess it all started Friday morning. It was my day off and I was looking forward to driving the kids to school. It's my one day where I get to go to their school in the morning and stand around a bit until the bell rings. I get to talk to some of the other parents and get to see the kids play before their day starts. On this particular day, we basically had no groceries in the house. I thought I'd get them a treat and we would run through the McDonald's drive-thru before school to grab some breakfast. The kids were super pumped! I pulled into the drive-thru. I was asking the kids what they wanted to eat when suddenly, I saw a bunch of smoke billowing out in front of me. At first I thought it was the vehicle in front of me, but it didn't take me too long to realize it was pouring out of my van. I threw the van in reverse; thank goodness there was no one behind me, and screeched out of the drive-thru. I pulled the van over into the parking lot and jumped out. I was yelling at the kids to get out of the van as fast as they could out of fear that the van was going to be engulfed in flames! Maybe just a little dramatic? I'm sure anyone who was watching thought I was some crazy woman! I called Matt who fortunately was still in town, and he came and took a look. The radiator hose had blown. My dad came to grab the kids to bring them to school for me while Matt drove the van to the repair shop. One mishap taken care of!
Today, while Matt had the kids at my parents to cut their lawn, I was doing the daily chores that need to get done. I had gone to the basement to throw on a load of laundry. While the clothes were in the washing machine, I was tidying up upstairs and getting things organized for tomorrow. Once the wash was complete, I went downstairs to throw the load into the dryer. I walked down the stairs, and was met with  a lake! Oh my goodness! There was water everywhere! The area carpet was sopping and as I stepped on it, my feet just squished in the water. It was running down the hall and into the bathroom. I did my best to clean up what I could, but had to call Matt and let him know what he was coming home to. Matt got home and had a look. He finished cleaning up the mess and had a look to see what the heck was wrong with the washing machine. It looks like we'll be calling in a plumber!!!! Man!!! We're trying to save for Disneyland and first we have the repair bill for the van and now we'll be paying a plumber! Gotta love it!
Anyways, I'm just waiting for bad thing number three to happen! Maybe it won't. I sure as heck hope it doesn't!!! I'm off now to get the kids tucked into bed. Matt's still downstairs doing some damage control. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment