Sunday 13 May 2012

Alarm clock

9:07. 9:07 was the time that my alarm clock read as I opened my eyes this morning! I couldn't believe it. I don't remember the last time that I slept that late. It was wonderful! I love mother's day for that reason alone!
I got myself out of bed, dressed and had my coffee in hand. I sat down on the couch in the living room and the kids surrounded me with happy mother's day wishes and I love you's. They all had their hands behind their backs to give me their gifts! I love their excitement and enthusiasm before they hand me the gifts that they made. I was given a beautiful handmade picture, homemade flowers and a card. I love the thought that they put in these gifts and I always make sure to put them in my hope chest for years to come. After the gift exchange was over, it was time to start the day.
Anna hurt her wrist Friday evening while doing some gymnastic tricks in the backyard. I didn't think too much of it and thought the pain would go away. She woke up Saturday morning still complaining that it hurt.We had to go to bear creek for the track meet and Anna said she was fine to go. Off we went. During the meet, Anna hurt it even more. I was worried that she wouldn't be able to run her race, but she said she was fine. She's such a trouper! She ran her race, the whole while her wrist in agony. I told her that I would take her to the clinic that night. After bear creek, she needed to go to dance pictures. Once that was finished, she said her wrist was fine and she just wanted to go home. Everyone was exhausted, so I didn't push the issue which brings us to this morning.
Once I was organized for the day, Anna was still complaining about her wrist. Off to the clinic we went. We were at the clinic by about five after ten. We got in to see the doctor at about 11:00. He examined her wrist and said it most likely was a bad sprain, but that she needed to have x-rays done. Because the doctor was pretty sure it was just a sprain, he said the x-rays could wait until tomorrow. Thank goodness! I had to be home by 12:00 for a mother's day lunch at my house! We rushed out of the clinic, ran to the grocery store and walked in the house at twenty minutes to twelve! I did a quick clean, put the food out and took a breath! The guests had arrived! We had a great day enjoying the sun and enjoying each others company. Now I just need to figure out how to get Anna to have her x-rays done tomorrow?
Mother's Day is a day to honour your moms. I think it's also a day to appreciate the people in your lives. I am so thankful for my children and my husband. I'm also thankful for my parents, siblings, grandmother and extended family. This mother day, I focused on the wonderful people in my life. I enjoyed celebrating the day with my family, my siblings and their spouses, my parents and my grandmother. I didn't think about any guilty feelings I may be holding on to in regards to work and the craziness of our lives. Today I am proud to be a mom...a working mom at that! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment