Sunday 8 April 2012

Late nights!

What a wonderful weekend it's been so far! The sun has been shining and we've been able to get outside to enjoy it!
Thursday evening I got to spend time with a great friend of mine. We've known each other since we were about 4 years old. He came over around 8 or so and stayed till about 2 in the morning...I'm getting to be way too old for those late nights, but it was so awesome! I love when we get together!!! We always have so much to talk and laugh about. We also have a lot to debate about, which I thoroughly enjoy! We have gone through so much together over the years; good and bad.We have so many memories that we get to share together. Memories of the Vega and the Pheonix; the cars we drove in high school. Memories of being little kids and hanging out together at our brother's hockey games. Ski trips, biology class, Math 11 and computer science class. Whenever we talk about the events that happened, it is hilarious!  I remember when Matt and I got married, my friend told me he wouldn't be able to come to our wedding as he goes away each summer to work. I was devastated as he was my best friend and was such a huge part of our lives. I couldn't believe that he was going to miss one of the greatest moments of my life. I remember standing up at the Altar, looking out into the congregation, and there he was! I was so shocked! I remember when we made eye contact, and we both just about started laughing! What a wonderful surprise on our wedding day!!! I don't know if he realizes how special that was and how much it meant to me! I hope that everyone is as fortunate as me, to have such amazing people in their lives!
Happy Easter to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment