Tuesday 22 March 2016

New Day

Spring Break is over...I'm always amazed at how fast holidays go but it's actually kind of nice getting back into the swing of things...except for the dreaded alarm clock in the morning!!!
Anna had a few good days at the end of the break. She spent Friday and Saturday with friends. I was so glad that she felt well enough to get out for a bit! Sunday was a hard day. She slept the entire day. I kept checking in on her, but she was exhausted and did not feel well. I woke her up for dinner, then she went back to sleep. I was worried that she wouldn't be able to sleep Sunday night but she fell asleep right away. She really wasn't doing well though, so she decided that she would stay home from school on Monday. If you know Anna, she loves going to school and seeing her friends so I always know that when she's staying home, she is in bad shape. Before leaving for work Monday morning, I checked on Anna. She said she was feeling awful and had absolutely zero energy. I left for work with strict instructions to call if she got any worse. Matt was fortunate enough to be able to come home around 12. He called and said that Anna was still asleep. He woke her up and she moved to the couch. Matt put a movie on for her, and within 10 minutes, she was fast asleep again. When I got home around 3, she was still sleeping. I finally woke her around 5 to eat some dinner. She stayed up for awhile, then back to bed she went. Her plan was to go to school Tuesday. Matt woke her up Tuesday morning and she got out of bed to get ready. I went down to her room a bit later, and she was curled in a ball on her bed. She said she was just too sick and couldn't go to school :(
Matt, once again, was able to a lot of work from home so he could keep an eye on her. He woke her up around 11 and then decided to take her for a quick bite just to get her out of the house and to try and keep her awake. They came to my work to drop off some lunch for me. Anna was not out of the vehicle for more than five minutes before saying she needed to sit. She draped herself on me and I walked her back to the car. She just wanted to go back to bed. Basically, she has slept right through from Sunday to Tuesday. Although I am somewhat used to dysautonomia, it still shocks me at how much it can take out of a person. How much control it can have over daily living. How much life it can take.
Tomorrow is a new day though. Anna is hoping to be well enough to go to school. We will wait until the morning and see how she is. If she can go, great, if not, she can spend another day at home gaining some strength.  Hoping for a good day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment