Monday 2 September 2013

The last day of summer holidays. I can not believe it's over! I am not ready for the early mornings, the chaos of school and sports and the routine. I know it is inevitable but I'm not quite ready to let go of the lazy summer mornings drinking coffee on the deck, sitting in my pj's, while all of the kids stay sleeping.
Since my last post, my beautiful Anna turned twelve. She is turning into such a beautiful lady, inside and out. I am so proud of who she is and so proud to call her my daughter! I love her spunk and her caring heart. She truly is one of a kind!
For her birthday, we got her a scooter. She loves heading to the skate park with her brothers and loves polishing up on her skills. Anna is usually the only girl at the park. I love that about her. I love how she has the confidence to enter a place full of boys and just go for it! She never holds back and truly believes she can do anything! Last week, while spending another morning at the skate park, Anna did a super cool trick, but then ended up on her back. She got up, climbed out of the half pipe, and told me that she was  hurting. We waited a bit to see if the pain would subside. After about half an hour, the decision was made to go to the clinic to get checked out. Off we went. By this point, she could barely get into the van and had a very hard time sitting at the clinic waiting to see the doctor. The doctor looked at her and touched her back and ribs and came to the conclusion that he thought her ribs were broken! We went for x-rays and thank goodness they weren't broken, just badly bruised. Ahhhh......
To end off the summer, we headed out to a beautiful lake just past Hope, B.C. We went with friends of ours and it was amazing! We loaded up the canoes and headed out to the remote Silver Lake. Stunning is the only word that can describe this place! There were only a few other people there so we basically had the place to ourselves. We were tucked in between huge mountains in this little valley. The water was beautiful and the kids had a blast! It was pure relaxation and truly peaceful. It was a great way to end the summer!

















No comments:

Post a Comment