Friday 14 December 2012

Christmas Wish

I once again have not been on the computer much! Sorry for not blogging. I feel compelled to write today, though, as I watch and listen to the horrifying events that took place in Connecticut today. My heart is breaking for that community and the whole entire world. I don't understand how senseless events like this one keep happening. As a parent, I could not imagine getting a phone call that my child was killed while in a place that is supposed to be safe. Just heart wrenching. My heart goes out to the parents who won't be holding their child tonight, who won't be able to wrap their arms tight around them  and won't be able to give them one last kiss.

In 11 days it will be Christmas. This Christmas season, I hope that people will focus on the true meaning of the season. If I had one Christmas wish, it would be that people in the world could look beyond themselves, and out into the world. My wish would be that kindness would overtake inhumanity, senseless cruelty, anger and meanness. I have written previous posts about kindness, and I truly believe that it could change the world! Wouldn't the world be a beautiful place if strangers said hello, a wave was passed between friends and love was exhibited in every action that was taken? Wouldn't the world be a beautiful place if laughter and smiles were exchanged between families? Wouldn't the world be a beautiful place if people had empathy and understanding and gratitude and approached each day with the goal to be kind.....what a wonderful world it would be!

Tonight, as I sit and talk with my children, I will be holding them tighter. This world is a beautiful, wonderful place, but there's a lot of room for improvement! Try, this holiday season, to go out of your comfort zone, reach out to others, and to spread a message of hope, love and peace......what more could the world need?

 “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment