Monday 16 July 2012

Back to reality

Well I survived my first day back at work after being off for two weeks! I was so anxious last night and quite honestly, was dreading going back! I was not looking forward to getting back to reality!I love my time off! I loved spending time with my kids. I loved having time during the day to get things done. I loved waking up in the morning and sitting in my pj's drinking my morning cup of coffee. I loved the freedom of doing nothing if doing nothing is what I wanted to do.
I was planning on going to bed early last night to start the week off right. I think the clock said 11:48 when I finally shut my eyes. My plan to get a good night's sleep didn't really pan out! I woke up in the morning, opened my eyes and saw that the power had gone out and my alarm clock had nothing on it! I panicked thinking I had slept in and was going to be late for work. I woke Matt up frantically telling him that we had slept in! I jumped up, raced into the kitchen and looked at the clock. It read 5:10. Whew! I still had another hour and a half to sleep. I got Matt to set the alarm on his cell phone, reset the breaker panel as a breaker had blown; hence the power outage for the alarm clock, and we both crawled back into our bed. Neither of us really slept after that in fear that we wouldn't wake up when we needed to!
I left the house at 7:20 for work. It was really nice to go back and see everyone! It's amazing how much I missed them! I love how my coworkers have become like a family to me! If I didn't work with such wonderful people, going to work each day would be really difficult. It took about half an hour and it felt like I had never left. It was a great day to get back into the work routine!
I came home at 4:45 and was waiting for Caleb's friend's to come over. He turns nine on Sunday but his best friend is leaving on vacation Wednesday so we decided to have his birthday bash today! The boys came over, ate pizza and ice cream cake and swam in the pool.
It's now just about 7:30. The kids have gone home, the party is cleaned up, and I'm just about to get my pj's on and put my feet up before it all begins again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment